Volkswagen Australia has revealed the pricing and specification structure to their four-cylinder turbodiesel versions of their Amarok ute as well as trimmed their overall count of variants by omitting the single-cab body, with a starting price of $38,490.
The update brings the local four-pot Amarok up to par, visually and in terms of tech, with the newer V6-powered version. In addition to those fewer variants, the rear-wheel drive models are no longer available with a manual transmission.
Instead, fans of the three-pedal option will need to step up to the more expensive 4x4 Core and Core Plus models - the Highline moniker is now reserved only for the V6.
The 2.0-litre four-cylinder TDI turbodiesel, though, is unchanged from the outgoing version, delivering 132kW and 400Nm in its base tune with a manual transmission, but this increases to 420Nm if paired with the 8-speed automatic transmission.
Inside there’s the updated interior dash fascia that houses a newer Composition Media infotainment system with App-Connect and support for Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. There’s a standard reversing camera to supplement the rear parking sensors.
Other new safety features include Volkswagen’s Multi Collision Brake system, though the better-equipped Core Plus variant gains front parking sensors and post-collision braking among other trim upgrades.
The revised Volkswagen Amarok price/variant structure are as follows:
- TDI420 2WD Dual Cab Chassis - Automatic - $38,490
- TDI420 2WD Dual Cab Ute - Automatic - $39,990
- TDI400 Core 4x4 Dual Cab Chassis - Manual - $41,990
- TDI400 Core 4x4 Dual Cab Ute - Manual - $43,490
- TDI420 Core 4x4 Dual Cab Chassis - Automatic - $44,990
- TDI420 Core 4x4 Dual Cab Ute - Automatic - $46,490
- TDI400 Core Plus 4x4 Dual Cab Ute - Manual - $47,490
- TDI420 Core Plus 4x4 Dual Cab Ute - Automatic - $50,490